There is little doubt that environmental degradation is one of the pressing issues of our time. As a leading Hong Kong company that builds, manages and owns world-class commercial complexes in mainland China, we support worthwhile causes by relevant organizations on multiple fronts:
- We have signed the Copenhagen Communiqué the Cancun Communiqué, the 2°C Challenge Communiqué and the Carbon Price Communiqué since 2009. These global initiatives aim at reaching a credible deal at the United Nations Climate Change Conference held in Copenhagen, Cancun, Durban and Doha respectively over the years respectively.
- We joined the Business Environment Council (BEC), a Hong Kong non-profit organization promoting sustainable practices in the business sector. As a Council Member, we are committed to striving to lead by example in broader environmental issues.
- We are a gold patron member of the Hong Kong Green Building Council, a non-profit organization that strives to promote the creation of green building standards, and sustainable buildings, for a more sustainable Hong Kong.
- We support Government-led environmental initiatives as we believe in the need to participate in community-wide campaign to tackle issues such as climate change and reducing wastes. These initiatives include: signatory to the Food Wise Charter (Environmental Bureau); Energy saving Charter on Indoor Temperature (Environmental Bureau and Electrical and Mechanical Services Department); Carbon Reduction Charter and Carbon Audit Green Partner (Environmental Protection Department) ; Charter on External Lighting (Environment Bureau)
- Since 2009, we have joined the worldwide climate change awareness campaign known as Earth Hour, turning off lights in our properties in Hong Kong and on the Mainland.
- We have partnered with Friends of the Earth (HK) on different initiatives to raise environmental awareness, as well as to enhance environmental knowledge of our employees and the community. These initiatives include: member of Earth Partner program;, supporter of the ‘Light Banquets’ Campaign; signatory to the ‘Order Less Waste Less’ Pledge
- We are a signatory of the No Shark Fin Pledge organized by the WWF (HK)
Hang Lung is committed to protecting the environment by building and operating properties sustainably. This Policy aims to put into practice our commitment to environmental sustainability and provide guidance to our staff on undertaking activities in an environmentally responsible manner. This Policy applies to Hang Lung Group Limited and its subsidiaries, including Hang Lung Properties Limited. This Policy is also applicable to all stages of our building life cycle from planning, design, material acquisition, construction, operation, renovation to demolition. All operations of Hang Lung have the responsibility to integrate this Policy into their work processes. This Policy will be reviewed by the Environmental Initiatives Committee periodically with relevant environmental performance disclosed annually.